Berry Nutty Toast

Berries and nuts make a wonderful toast!

Summer is the season for berries but luckily for us, we get berries all year round! I usually use the berries for smoothies or a bowl of müsli (like the Aviva Müsli) but one day, I decided, it was time to use them differently. After looking at what I had in my kitchen, I decided to make a breakfast toast that combines the fruitiness of Müsli and the nuttiness of my favorite spreads and voila! I came up with this recipe.

Washing the fruits took most of the preparation time since chopping the walnuts and some basil leaves took just a couple of minutes. In a way, it seemed like I was making a bowl of Müsli except that I didn't put in the grains.



There was the bowl of fruits on the one hand, and in the other, I covered the toasts in different nutty spreads. I wanted to experiment on which spread tastes better, peanut, almond or sesame? It turns out, all of them! Then again, you can always decide, which you prefer most and make more of them!



Berry Nutty Recipe

Preparation time: 5- 10 minutes

Ingredients (for 1-2 persons):

For the base:
3 toast slices (I used dark gluten free toasts)
Peanut puree
Tahini (sesame puree)
Almond puree

For the topping:
3 strawberries, diced
Handful of blueberries
5 pcs walnut halves, cut into bits
1 tbsp. flax seeds
1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1 tsp. honey (for the vegan option use agave syrup or coconut blossom syrup)
Some chopped basil leaves (optional)

Directions:
1. Put half a teaspoon peanut puree on one of the toast slices, then half a teaspoon on another toast and half a teaspoon almond puree on the last toast slice.
2. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the toppings to coat the berries, nuts and seeds with the syrup.
3. Put a generous portion of the toppings on each of the toasts. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts